Adaptivity is an app for developers and designers to visualise how iOS's Size Classes and margins for layout, readable content and the safe area look on real devices and how they change with respect to orientation, iPad Slide Over/Split View and Dynamic Type size changes. There are also views for visualising Dynamic Type styles, System Colors, System Images and System Materials.
• “Adaptivity is not just highly recommended – it’s essential” — Paul Hudson, Hacking With Swift article “8 essential apps for iOS developers”, 30th March 2020.
• “It's a very, very good tool as a reference for both developers and designers” — Gui Rambo, Stacktrace podcast episode #77, 1st April 2020.
• “I'm not trying to spend your money, but to me this is a no-brainer” — Sean Allen YouTube video “Indie Dev Apps”, 12th April 2020.
• Visualise sizes for full view, layout margins, readable content guide and safe area layout guide.
• Sizes displayed in points or pixels.
• Regular or large navigation bar titles.
• Toggle status bar and navigation bar/toolbar/tab bar visibility.
• Activity View Controller support for sharing a snapshot image of each view.
• iPad Slide Over, Split Screen multitasking and multiple window support (see note).
• Dark appearance support (requires iOS or iPadOS 13).
• Setting to force right-to-left layout.
• Handoff actions from Adaptivity (A), (B) or (C) on one device to Adaptivity (A) on another.
• External display support.
• Popover, Form/Page Sheet, Full Screen and Automatic modal presentations.
• Table View Controller, Split View Controller and Tab Bar Controller.
• Keyboard Dodging and Custom Keyboard.
• Dynamic Type styles for the current Content Size Category.
• Explore Pointer Interactions (requires iPadOS 13.4 and a trackpad or mouse).
• Explore System Colors.
• Explore System Images (requires iOS or iPadOS 13).
• Explore System Materials (requires iOS or iPadOS 13).
• Siri shortcut with custom response UI (requires iOS 12 or later).
• Notification Content Extension.
• Watch App (requires watchOS 4 or later).
• iMessage App.
Note: Adaptivity (A) supports multiple windows on iPadOS 13. On earlier iOS versions, Adaptivity (B) must also be downloaded to run Adaptivity twice using Split View or Slide Over iPad multitasking.
Adaptivity (A) is a universal purchase and includes a Mac Catalyst version of the app. Buying one allows the other to be downloaded at no extra cost using the same Apple ID.
Adaptivity (C) has the same reduced features as Adaptivity (B) but only supports iPhone. Use it to visualise how an iPhone‑only app appears on iPad.
For more information see https://hacknicity.com/adaptivity
Nouveautés de la version 6.1
• New screen to explore iPadOS 13.4 pointer interactions.
• Restored the custom font feature.
• Added custom pointer interactions in some screens for iPadOS 13.4 and later. These can be disabled in the Settings screen to make it easier to explore just the default interactions.
• Fixed icon for the System Colors row in the More Actions menu.
Adaptivity does not prompt you for a review. If you find the app useful, please rate or review it in the App Store, or recommend it other developers and designers. This makes a huge difference to me and the future of the app.
Thanks in advance,