Increase your productivity by implementing data structures
About This Book
• Gain a complete understanding of data structures using a simple approach
• Analyze algorithms and learn when you should apply each solution
• Explore the true potential of functional data structures
Who This Book Is For
This book is for those who want to learn data structures and algorithms with PHP for better control over application-solution, efficiency, and optimization.
A basic understanding of PHP data types, control structures, and other basic features is required
What You Will Learn
• Gain a better understanding of PHP arrays as a basic data structure and their hidden power
• Grasp how to analyze algorithms and the Big O Notation
• Implement linked lists, double linked lists, stack, queues, and priority queues using PHP
• Work with sorting, searching, and recursive algorithms
• Make use of greedy, dynamic, and pattern matching algorithms
• Implement tree, heaps, and graph algorithms
• Apply PHP functional data structures and built-in data structures and algorithms
PHP has always been the the go-to language for web based application development, but there are materials and resources you can refer to to see how it works. Data structures and algorithms help you to code and execute them effectively, cutting down on processing time significantly.
If you want to explore data structures and algorithms in a practical way with real-life projects, then this book is for you.
The book begins by introducing you to data structures and algorithms and how to solve a problem from beginning to end using them. Once you are well aware of the basics, it covers the core aspects like arrays, listed lists, stacks and queues. It will take you through several methods of finding efficient algorithms and show you which ones you should implement in each scenario. In addition to this, you will explore the possibilities of functional data structures using PHP and go through advanced algorithms and graphs as well as dynamic programming.
By the end, you will be confident enough to tackle both basic and advanced data structures, understand how they work, and know when to use them in your day-to-day work
Style and approach
An easy-to-follow guide full of examples of implementation of data structures and real world examples to solve the problems faced. Each topic is first explained in general terms and then implemented using step by step explanation so that developers can understand each part of the discussion without any problem.
Pas de note